Nuisance animals are hard to catch. You need to have enough knowledge about them and extra patience to succeed. This is especially true for small animals. Good thing you can find good and effective traps in the market.
Let us discuss the Rat Trap – Medium Animal Humane Live Cage. It comes with numerous benefits that could cater your personal needs.
Features of Rat Trap – Medium Animal Humane Live Cage
- It works well in catching small animals.
- It does not harm caught animals and allows the release of those that are caught unintentionally like birds, rabbits, squirrels, and a lot more.
- It is lightweight.
- It is made of aluminum.
- It has a spring triggered door mechanism.
- It uses non-toxic materials.
- It is easy to operate.
- It allows users to put any bait in it.
- Made of aluminum, it is rust- and corrosion-resistant.
- It does not contain toxic materials; therefore, it is safe for everyone especially children and pets.
- It is a safe device, for it allows the release of unintentionally caught animals. It likewise allows users to catch animals in a humane way.
- It generally works fast, particularly with smaller animals.
- Its spring triggered door mechanism latch helps prevent animals from escaping.
- It comes with fine wire mesh, which is harmless to animals.
- It is innovative.
- It is light and easy to carry.
- It is easy to operate.
- It is long-lasting.
- It is well-constructed.
- It comes with a good price.
- It continuously improves with the aim of becoming the largest product that captures small animals.
- It does not contain a handle that can be used to pick and release the caught animal.
- Its door could be triggered a bit too easily.
- It may not be suitable for larger animals; they could tear it open to escape.
Effective, harmless, and humane – these are the traits that this product claims to have. First off, it has the capacity to trap animals, especially smaller ones. And while it works effectively, it also comes with safe materials that do not cause harm to children and animals especially the unintentionally caught ones. Also, it allows users to safely release any animal.
Furthermore, the product has good construction and is durable enough to last long. It comes with a good price too.
As for some disadvantages, users may observe that its door can be triggered a bit easily. It is also a bit challenging to dispose the caught animal due to the absence of a handle. Lastly, it may not be suitable for larger animals.
As a whole, the product is great. But you might still need to do further research to fully understand what it does. You need to make sure you really know what you want and that this item matches the types of pests you have at home. After all, picking a great product largely depends on the user’s personal situation.
After reading all the details above, would you want to purchase this Rat Trap – Medium Animal Humane Live Cage? Probably; and we can say that it could indeed give you your money’s worth. It has a lot of benefits to offer, and its downsides are not really big issues. Just keep the aforementioned reminder in mind, and you will not go wrong
Myths about Rodents
There are different myths about rodents. For a successful pest control infestation, it pays to know the truth about these false beliefs.
Meanwhile, here are some common myths about rodents:
Cheese makes for ideal bait
The truth is rats prefer seeds and fruits over cheese. Experts choose peanut butter, meat, and even chocolate as bait. Since rats get most of their water from the foods they eat, it is best to pick moist foods if the climate is dry.
Cats and dogs can control rodents
Rodents can evade your cats and dogs by not passing by the areas where they usually roam. With pet food around, expect more rodents to come, feast on it, then scamper away at the sight of your pets.
Rodents die outside
Rat poison takes days to take effect after consumption. You’ll never know where rodents will die. If infestation is inside your home, better options are snap traps or glue boards. By using these traps, you can easily see the dead rats and dispose them right away.
Be sure to wear gloves in handling the cadavers and placed them in sealed bags.
The presence of rodents stipulates poor hygiene
Although a dirty environment invites rodents, even a spotless, pristine home or building can be a shelter to a rodent population. As long as they find access, rodents can seek refuge in your home as they feast on your garbage, left over foods, seeds, and grains.
With rodenticides, rodents will decay without a foul odor
No rodenticide has been proven to prevent foul odor to decaying rodents. To eliminate the odor from decaying rodents, you may use odor control products.
Property damage is the worst rodent problem
Rodents are carriers of certain bacteria and viruses. The spread of diseases is far more alarming than the damage to property caused by gnawing. You can repair such damages but the breakout of parasites and diseases are more aggravating.
Rodenticide makes a rat thirsty
There is no truth to this. Rodents get their water from the food they consume. They nest in a place where they can get food and water nearby. By completing the right measures, you can prevent and control infestation. For serious infestations, let the experts handle the job for you.